Earth is our home. She provides for us, cares for us, and even when we think she is hurting us with her storms etc she is actually trying to heal herself from the damage, destruction, and pollution we alone ave created. Humans are her only inhabitants that let there selfish needs, desires, adn greeds consume them while hurting her :our home. As well as destroying all living beings that live on her lands , skies, and oceans. But you can make a difference. You can help heal her by changing your selfish lifestyle, opening up your eyes, and living in a reality filled with compassion, awareness, and knowledge. Wake up people. The problems of the world are no longer far from you. They affect us all whether or not we want to see them. Change isn't an option anymore as much as it is a NECESSITY. The negative effects we have created are now creating a domino effect of problems that will continue to get worse if we don't make changes. It started with us and needs to end with us. We can help for our generation and those to come. If not, then the blockbusters we once looked at for entertainment won't just be thrillers or action packed movies but instead warnings to a reality that is only a few years away. As I said in my Vlog#7 post, "Whether you want to change for selfless reasons, or selfish reason....change is inevitable ...so just DO IT"
I spoke in the post about reusable bags and recycling as well as how there are plastics and things that are NOT recycable. Here is a list of examples:
- Plastic Bags / Film - Disposable plastic shopping bags and other plastic films are best recycled in dedicated collection points such as grocery and department stores.
- Please do not put recyclables in plastic bags.
- Place your recyclables loosely in your City recycling bin or cart. This helps with the sorting of recyclables at our local processing facility.
- Non-food & beverage metal containers (i.e. metal blinds, pots & pans, etc.)
- Wire clothes-hangers - Wire hangers are "springy" and can pose an eye hazard to workers as well as damage sorting machines at the MRF
- Return hangers to your favorite dry cleaners for reuse or recycle them at the Covanta metals recyclingbox noted above.
- Waxed covered paper (i.e. political signs, wax cooking paper, waxed cardboard etc.)
- Ceramic Cups and Glasses
- Styrofoam and Packing Peanuts
- Plastic cups, trays and containers: While all plastics are potentially recyclable, the market dictates which types of plastics are currently acceptable. For more information on recycling plastics, please read the following article "Recycling Plastic: Complications and Limitations." Plastic items that are typically non-recyclable include:
- Clam shell type plastic fruit or salad containers
- Styrofoam cups and trays
- Small Large propane tanks (i.e. camping stove propane tanks).
- Helium tanks
The City's Residential Recycling Program Accepts:
- Mixed Paper - White / Color paper, office paper, newspaper, junk mail, magazines, phone books, paperback and hard-covered books, paper board boxes including cereal / tissue / cracker boxes, etc.
Note: Please remove the newspaper from any plastic bags before recycling.
- Cardboard - Clean, unwaxed cardboard may be recycled in your cart along with all other acceptable recyclables. Larger cardboard boxes should be broken down to fit inside the cart or set beside the cart for recycling collection. Please remove any styrofoam, plastic packaging or other contents!
- Empty pizza boxes are acceptable
- Any cardboard boxes containing trash will be collected along with the regular trash collection and not recycled.
- Gable Top Cartons and Juice containers - Refrigerated Milk and Juice cartons are now recyclable in the City's residential recycling collection.
Please visit Earth911.com for more information.
- Glass Bottles & Jars - please empty all contents and fluids before recycling.
- Note: Window glass and drinking glasses are not acceptable
- All Plastic Bottles, Jugs, Jars, Tubs, Pails, and Buckets -
- Lids are now acceptable for all plastic, glass and metal containers. Simply leave them on the container when recycling.
- Remember - the number on the bottom does not necessarily determine its recyclability.
- Please read the article "Recycling Plastic: Complications and Limitations" for more information about recycling plastics.
- Metal Food & Beverage Containers Only - Learn how to recycle your small metal items below.
- Shredded Paper - Please place all shredded paper in a paper bag, folded shut.
- Opaque plastic bags with unknown contents will be treated as trash.
I also HIGHLY SUGGEST you click on http://www.plasticpollutioncoalition.org to learn more about this. Also please take 4 minutes to watch this video with Jeff Bridges for the sites plastic pollution awarness:
As for the leading cause to our climate change issue as well as multiple environmental issues is by far ANIMAL AGRICULTURE which is affecting our lands, our climate, our oceans, our environment overall, and even world hunger.
Many documnetaries have done an amazing job at opening many eyes and minds and souls to the facts and rasining awareness on the issues at hand. BUT you have to WATCH THEM. Luckily big names such Leonardo Dicaprio, Susan Sarandon, Joaquin Phoenix, Adrian Grenier Mark Ruffalo(to name a few) are starting to catch the attention of a pop driving media audience by using their voices and platform to raise awarness and help people understand the issues at hand with eye catching informative documentaries and actually inspire people to change for the better. Some which I suggest you take the time to see asap and are available online for cheap or for free Netflix for example are:
- Forks Over Knives
- Food Inc.
- Dear President Obama
- Fed Up
Thats just to name a few. So many more to come I'm sure but these will open your eyes on so many issues and ways to better your lifestyle as well as help our planet and well being of all living things in the long run. Once you watch these I would love to hear your feed back so please come back to this page or my Vlog#7 post and comment below.
Change sometimes feels scary, and the truth really can seem inconvenient when we are use to a certian lifestyle. BUT believe me when I tell you from my own experience that it isn't as hard as YOU make it seem. Esp. once you are informed and open your eyes as well as the love with in. You can no longer be blinded by mass media to the problems of the world or the problems that surround us esp if you are PART of the problem. BE THE CHANGE. BECOME THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF. You will be happier in the long run in every way by doing so.
Congratulations on your path to awakening within...and as always I send you MUCH LOVE.<3